March 5, 2009

Howdy Stranger!!!

I will be the first to admit that I have not written on this blog for quite a while. The second is the proof of December being the last entry. I haven't made time... and I haven't been motivated.
Today was my wake up call. I went to a study abroad information session early this morning, skipped my only day to sleep in (until 8:30 or 9) to learn the information I have been researching on my own since the summer of 2008 (actually even earlier). I made time to find out that I was too late!... Yet I have not made time to share the glories God has revealed to me, the blessings He has given me. What has gotten into me? I need to refocus.
Modern cameras now have an auto-focus or manual-focus option with the simple flick of a switch. This wake up call is meant to be an immediate switch to manual focus on God. Long gone are the days of simple auto-focusing on daily, uneventful occurrences. Life shouldn't be that easy. We are in a battle! Battles are tough, long, and strenuous... but strengthening--like exercise. 
To be honest I've made more time for exercising my body rather than exercising my mind and spirit. No more--no exercising until I put God first. I've put too much emphasis on how my body feels... on relieving stress through exercising... not GOD! 
God put us on this world to glorify Him... to rely on Him... to want to know Him! He should be before my practice of manually focusing my large-format camera. He should be before my readings of how much we have defiled the land He created. 
He is first and foremost... So, Howdy Stranger...and goodbye to not knowing my Lord. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I definitely understand you there. I put too much time into the details sometimes and forget Who the detail are about. Keep your head up and I hope Ecamps is amazing this year!